Stitch and Click

Welcome to my life (or at least the interesting bits, which probably relate to photography or knitting)

Name:
Location: Canada

Saturday, June 24, 2006

World Cup Fever

So, I've heard that there's some sort of football competition going on this month...

Not that it's any surprise, but all of Germany is certainly affected by this condition, and it seems to be contagious. Germany came first in its group, and will be playing in the first game of the first round of the finals this afternoon. There are German flags everywhere - clipped onto car doors, hanging from the windows of houses, painted onto any visible patch of skin - you name it, it's adorned with a flag. It's as crazy (or crazier) than when Canada's in the Olympic hockey finals.

The trip's going well - have enjoyed visiting various relatives who I hadn't seen in years (and brushing up on my very rusy German ... let's just say that's still a work in progress). I'll be off to Switzerland tomorrow - 7 hours by train (including a few connections and transfers), and will apparantly be there in time for their first game of the playoffs on Monday, at which point I may have to decide where my loyalties lie. Until then,

Go Deutschland!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so funny - my first introduction to World Cup fever was also in Germany. It was in a year they made it to the finals, but not when it was being played in Germany. I can only imagine how much they fact that they are the host country is increasing the fever.

Glad you are having fun!

24/6/06 11:10 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home