Stitch and Click

Welcome to my life (or at least the interesting bits, which probably relate to photography or knitting)

Name:
Location: Canada

Sunday, November 05, 2006

NaBloPoMo

I just came upon this, the non-novel-writer's version of NaNoWriMo. I have no particular desire to write a novel, and highly doubt I'd be able to corral my highly honed procrastinating skills for a whole month to do so, but I just might be able to accomplish this. Since I'm starting late, there's no prize other than a personal sense of accomplishment at having finally written something on this blog. I've had vague thoughts from time to time that I should actually write something here, but ... well, y'all can do the math.

With that out of the way, here's my I Wish I Had My Camera moment for the week:
I had just come out of one of the shops in town and was getting into my vehicle when, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a big black head poking out of the truck parked next to me. I took another look, expecting it to be a dog of some sort. Instead, it was a huge black bird (a raven, I presume) who cocked his head at me, then went back to pecking away at the garbage bag in the truck bed. Moral of the story (other than to never leave home without a camera, that is)? Don't stop on the way to the dump, or a hungry raven will make a big mess in your truck while searching for his dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home