Stitch and Click

Welcome to my life (or at least the interesting bits, which probably relate to photography or knitting)

Name:
Location: Canada

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Stupid blogger

seems to be kaput today. I'd planned to post about the baking I did this weekend, but it won't allow me to include photos today (and the editing buttons have completely disappeared too). Well, I'll post the entry and try and edit to add photos tomorrow.

I was in the mood to bake again this Sunday afternoon, and once I got started I just kept going. The good thing is that I have had enough to last me all week, which helps with the last-minute-morning-rush.
I started with the oatmeal bread (again from the More-with-less cookbook), which I'd made a few years ago and tried again. It has a nice flavour, and I've been enjoying it. I was thinking of making some rye bread, but there was no rye flour to be found anywhere in the grocery store (though they do have more unusual stuff like teff or spelt flour. go figure).
I then made the carrot-raisin muffins from VWAV, and while looking for that recipe, saw one for orange-glazed scones that looked good too, so I made those as well. I'm running really low on flour, so unless I buy some brandname stuff (and find some free time in the next week, which is highly unlikely) I won't be doing much baking until I can make it to the city and buy more organic flour (and 57 other ingredients).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm completely in love with VWAV. Last week I made the ginger macadamia carrot cake with coconut frosting, and...WOW. Tony ate the entire cake in like three days. :)

The orange glazed scones look delish!

2/12/06 4:23 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home