Stitch and Click

Welcome to my life (or at least the interesting bits, which probably relate to photography or knitting)

Name:
Location: Canada

Monday, November 20, 2006

Falling off the bandwagon

I was out of town for nearly a week (work, then a church-related camp weekend with 100 teens) with minimal internet time, so sadly fell behind on the blogging. Maybe I'll extend the streak into December to compensate for that break.

I decided to bake bread yesterday (not sure where that whim came from), and baked a couple loaves of French bread that turned out pretty well, if I may say so myself. I used a recipe from the More with Less cookbook, and the only modification necessary was to use soy milk/canola oil instead of milk/egg for the glaze. As with most breads, it tasted a bit yeast-y yesterday, but has a nice flavour today, as evidenced by the fact that I've had ... a few ... pieces for "supper" (or whatever you call it when you finally eat at 10pm).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home